AUI Alcohol Use Inventory for Professionals
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for price, full test description and sample test report.
[Interpretive and profile reports provided. Test administration by paper/pencil or computer with computer or hand scoring, not online internet administration.]
The Alcohol Use Inventory (AUI) provides a basis for describing different ways in which individuals use alcohol, the benefits they derive from such use, the negative consequences associated with its use, and the degree of concern individuals express about the use of alcohol and its consequences.
The AUI deals primarily with alcohol use. However, the AUI does give some indication of the subject's reported use and perceptions of the following drugs: caffeine, nicotine, marijuana/hashish, tranquilizers, barbiturates, amphetamines, cocaine, opiates, and hallucinogens.
The AUI test can be used by psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, chemical dependency counselors, and physicians to help:
- Differentiate drinking styles and develop individual treatment plans
- Provide an objective assessment of alcohol-related problems
- Identify treatment-relevant classification of alcohol abusers based on DSM-IV® classifications
SOCIALIM - Drink to improve sociability
MENTALIM - Drink to improve mental functioning
MANGMOOD - Drinking helps to manage moods
MARICOPE - Drinking follows marital problems
GREGARUS - Gregarious drinking versus solo
COMPULSV - Compulsive drinking
SUSTAIND - Sustained versus periodic drinking
LCONTROL - Loss of control over behavior when drinking
ROLEMALA - Social role maladaption
DELIRIUM - Psychoperceptual withdrawal
HANGOVER - Psychophysical withdrawal
MARIPROB - Drinking causes marital problems
- Concerns and Acknowledgments
QUANTITY - Quantity of daily use when drinking
GUILTWOR - Guilt and worry associated with drinking
HELPBEFR - Prior attempts to deal with drinking
RECEPTIV - Readiness for help
AWARENES - Awareness of drinking problem
Second Order Factor Scales
- ENHANCED - Drinking to enhance functioning
- OBSESSED - Obsessive, sustained drinking
- DISRUPT1 - Uncontrolled life disruption due to drinking: directly stated
- DISRUPT2 - Uncontrolled life disruption due to drinking: indirectly stated
- ANXCONCN - Anxiety related to drinking
- RECPAWAR - Acknowledgment and awareness of use problem
Interpretive and profile reports provided. Test administration by paper/pencil or computer with computer or FAX hand scoring, not online internet administration.
*AUI Alcohol Use Inventory is a copyright held by Pearson Assessments.
Copyright © 2016 Brava Corporation | Contact Us: email@example.com